Friday, February 03, 2006

Home for the afternoon....for a price...

Good news: I've got the day off of work. I'm reading blogs, cross stitching and listening to my favourite radio talk show.

Bad news: I took the day off to have a root canal done at the dentist this morning.
First of around 5 appointments needed to fix the problem. Two for the root canal, one for the filling and a couple for the cap that's also needed. Ugh!! I'm your basic coward when it comes to this sort of thing. Shouldn't be since it was vertually painless and so far this afternoon I have no pain. Got a prescription for tylanol 3's just in case.

Last week I read "Child of the Morning" by Pauline Gedge. I've been wanting to read this book for years. It's Egyptian historical fiction. About the female Pharoh Hatchepsut (spelling?) It's a book that I've wanted to collect in hardcover - but since it came out originally in 1977 that's probably never going to happen. I broke down a few weeks ago and bought the book in paperback. What a facinating story.

Then I read "Bitten & Smitten" by Michelle Rowen. A vampire romance novel. Funny and cute. An enjoyable light read.

Both of the above writers are Canadian by the way.

No comments: