Saturday, July 22, 2006



1) Do you ever reread your books?
2) If so, which ones? If not, why not?
3) Do you read the books the whole way through or pick through for favorite scenes?
4) What qualifies a book for the reread pile?

1) So many books to read, so little time. But I do reread my favourite books.

2) I have a number of books that I read over and over again.
Karen and With Love From Karen : Marie Killilea
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn : Betty Smith
The Mummy : Anne Rice
The Lord of the Rings series : JRR Tolkien
The Time Traveler's Wife : Audrey Niffenegger

I'm currently rereading Melanie Rawn's Sunrunner series.

3) Sometimes I just pick up a favourite book and turn to my favourite parts. This is what makes cleaning the library take so very long. But I do read cover to cover as well.

4) It's hard to say what qualifies a book for reread status. If it makes me laugh, or cry during the first read, or keeps me on the edge of my seat (so to speak) or has a character that I just adore, it qualifies as a rereadable book.

Please note that the above list of reread books is just a SHORT list. I'm sure there would be more if I really put my mind to it.

The picture at the top of the post is our deck with some of our pots visible. It's a cool and rainy day out today. Poor DH is champing at the bit to get out and mow the lawns and putter in the garden but the rain is too heavy and steady at the moment. He mowed the backyard this morning and the grass is so lush and thick he had to do it twice. The front yard will have to wait until tomorrow. At this time of year the grass is usually a delicate shade of brown due to lack of rain and hot temperatures. But in the last few weeks we've had a fair amount of rain and so the grass is lovely and green. And so is everything else. I love the rain.

Tonight we're going to a little gathering to celebrate the 25th wedding anniversary of our friends Mary and Kevin. It is taking place at the Copper Kettle Pub and should be nice. Their son Ian is our godson. Cheers all!

2 comments:

catandturtle said...

I love your library. I have one too! I will post a pic on my blog sometime.

Joanie said...

Hi Judy! LOVE YOUR DECK! Thanks for the nice words about my room. If you go back into my archived posts there's one with a rainbow. That's the view out the sliding glass doors.

Thanks for visiting my blog and I will certainly be visiting yours too!