Thursday, August 24, 2006

Froggy came a-courting....

I spent about an hour last evening sitting out on the front stoop stitching away on my current project. It's about 3/4's done now and I can feel a finish is near.
By 8:10 the light was getting dull and so I packed up my gear for the night.

This morning I got to work at 7:30 and set out my cross stitching and sat down to finish a motif in the middle of one of the corner medallions that is in the project. I had gotten it about 3/4's done the previous evening. I looked at it as I set needle to fabric, and looked at it....And realized that I'd stitched it two squares over from where it should have been. Now why didn't I notice this goof last night?? It was as obvious as could be since it didn't aline with the rest of the pattern. So I had to pick the darn thing out and start it again. It wasn't a big deal I suppose, but so annoying.

I don't know if I'll get much done on the project for the rest of this week since tomorrow I'll be starting work at 8:00 instead of 9:00, and we're going grocery shopping after work and I prefer not to haul my cross stitch bag around the store, jammed into the shopping cart with my purse and my book/lunch bag bag. Saturday we're going to a barbecue/pool party at a friends but I may do some stitching in the morning. Sunday will be chore day, if I feel motivated. Oh, and tomorrow night is a classic cars night down in Olde Georgetown and if the rain holds off DH and I will drop off the groceries and then go down to have a bite to eat and check out the cars.

Finished reading a book by an author new to me today. Kim Harrison's "Dead Witch Walking". Quite an enjoyable read with humour and a mystery and some lovey stuff. A supernatural romance/mystery novel. Love 'em. I'll be collecting the rest of her books for sure. Cheers all.

No comments: