Sunday, November 23, 2008

Time......


It's Sunday morning and I'm stealing time away from the two
or three hundred things that need doing RIGHT THIS MINUTE
to create this weeks post. Don'tcha just love the holiday season??
So much to do, so little time to do it in. I guess that's part of the
fun though... er, yeah....right!

I really, really need to do some housework today since the dust
bunnies are beginning to fight with the cats for possession of the
best sleeping spots and for food!! I need to do laundry since
neither DH nor I work for companies with nudist tolerant policies.
I need to get cracking on the christmas cards and since I'm also
sending cards out on Mom's behalf this year I'll have even more to
do then usual. The post office is going to be my new BFF.

The good news is that I was able to craft a Christmas news letter
last night to send to all the relatives in England, and family friends
elsewhere to update them on what's been happening with Mom.
Of course since it's me that wrote it, and since I'm not known for
my brevity when writing anything (okay, who just called me long
winded???) the thing is eight pages long. Heh, heh. Again, the
post office is going to be my new BFF.


I have been stitching, during lunch breaks at work and visits
with Mom. Can you tell which LHN design I'm stitching now???
I'm sure you can. Who can guess it first?? I'll send a little
something to the first commenter who can identify and name
this design. Who knows, you may even be lucky enough to
receive a copy of the family newsletter with your prize. Whoo
Hoo!!

My Halloween/Fall stitching projects have not been touched
this week, which breaks my heart but can't be helped.


Being the glutton for stashing that I am I received a package
from Bobbie at Stitching Bits and Bobs and Rupert wanted to
be the one to show it off to you. Sadly, no loose threads to
grab and play with today so he's being a good boy and doing
his best Vanna White imitation.

The LHN Little Women series is so cute, and the colours are
wonderful. I'm going to stitch these all together on one piece
of material and will frame them as a companion piece to
Cottage Garden when it's done.

The new JCS Christmas Ornaments issue is fabulous!!! I've
been so impressed with many of the ornaments in it this year.
I love the Brittercup design Christmas Centrepiece and will
definitely stitch it, probably sometime in June when I'll have
some free time opening up. Monique's design for My Mark
called Be Merry is so jolly and colourful, and it's cool to
see a friend's design in a magazine like this. Wow...I know
her!! She actually visits my blog! And comments!!


There was a small Christmas Bazaar in the common room at
the rehab centre where my Mom is yesterday. Tables with
handmade gifts and treasures, home baked goodies and stuff
like that. I took Mom around in her wheel chair, after
borrowing some spending money from DH since I'd left my
purse at home for some reason.

I bought some goodies from the baking table and then made
tea for Mom in the dining room and we had a snack. I'm
working on getting her to eat more you see. So there are some
little tartlets with raspberry jam inside and a swirly design on
the icing and there are cherry flavoured cupcakes which are
lovely.

Mom continues to do well at the rehab centre, and the doctor
is quite pleased with how much better she looks and sounds
after just two weeks. Getting in and out of bed, and in and
out of the wheelchair continues to be difficult and requires
two people to help her do it. She needs to build up the
strength in her arms and legs so that she can give herself
the push that she needs to get up. And she needs to eat
more.

During the week DH is coming to pick me up from work
and we're going straight to the rehab centre to visit with
Mom. He leaves work at 4:30 and we get to the centre
at around 5:40. We visit until 7:00 and then head home,
arriving there around 7:30. We're doing this twice during
the week. We visit once during the weekend, usually on
Saturday. Hopefully the weather won't cause too much
of a problem although I hear we're in for some rain/snow
mix on Monday and Tuesday which should be fun. Ugh!


I'm continuing to read my way through the third book in
the Tawny Man trilogy by Robin Hobb. I've lost some
reading time on the days when we visit Mom, and this
book is 900 pages so there's a lot of reading to do. But
I'm enjoying it and getting quite lost in the story when
reading.

Well, the Twilight movie is finally out, and much as I
expected the reviews have been mediocre at best. Given
the lack of free time around here these days I'm probably
going to have to miss seeing it in the theatre and just
buy or rent it when it comes out on DVD. I am looking
forward to seeing the movie Inkheart, which comes out
at the end of January. Judging by the trailer it looks good.
I have the book but haven't read it yet. I'll see the movie
first. And Mamma Mia comes out on DVD on December
16th!! I can't wait!!


I'm sure that I'll think of a dozen other things that I wanted
to say here after signing off, but right now the brain is
blank and times flying away from me. So I'll leave you with
a picture of Phoebe helping me to make the bed last week.
It takes forever to make beds around here because the cats
love to help. But we do have fun.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. Hope you
have a wonderful holiday. Take care everyone and thanks
for stopping by.

Cheers!!

11 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Hey Judy,

Thanks for stopping by! Your WIP is looking lovely, and boy you have been stash collecting for sure!

I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing well in Re-hab.

Keep stitching and find some time for yourself during the crazy season.

Rowyn said...

Would it be Kitty Cottage Sampler that you are stitching?

What a great haul of stash you have received recently.

Cute kitty pics, and your Christmas tree looks beautiful... not long to go now!

Anonymous said...

It's good to know your mom is getting better. Love the cat pic! Relly wonderful! Mamma Mia, here in Portugal is coming ou the 3rd of December! Saw it twice in the big screen!!!!
Best regards

Gina E. said...

Honestly Judy, I am astounded by what you fit into your days! You are a wonderful daughter, visiting your Mom so often; in my job I see the opposite, where old and frail people are abandoned by their families. God bless you.
I think your God must stretch your hours so that you can fit in the reading, stitching and cooking that you manage to do along with everything else!

Cindy F. said...

Great progress on your wip and wow! what great stash!! You stay so busy, but accomplish so much!
Glad your mom is doing well:)

mainely stitching said...

Wonderful post! I'm so glad to hear that your Mom is gaining - and how could she not, with you and your DH taking such care with her!! I hope she'll build that strength up soon for the bed/wheelchair transitions.

You've got some fab stash, woman! Woohoo! Love Rupert's Vanna White pose. He's much more fun to look at than her. LOL! And Pheobe - LOL! I don't even BOTHER to make my bed anymore! I throw the quilt over it and call it good enough.

I'm reading "The Birth of Venus" by Sarah Dunant right now and it's one of those books that creeps into my subconscious and I find myself musing over it during dog walks, etc. I only wish it were 900 pages!!!

Take care! :D

mainely stitching said...

I see that Rowyn got the right answer. Darn! ;)

staci said...

I'm glad that your mom is improving some. You sound very, very busy! But look at those yummy looking tarts! Take care :)

stitcherw said...

What fun projects you have going. The Halloween Short Stack is going to be so cute. Snow Ho Ho also called for three strands, but for me that was just to fussy to work with so I did it in two strands and was quite happy with how it looked. Your new start is looking fun. Like Rowyn said, looks like you're stitching Kitty Cottage, that's a fun one. Love your new stash, a couple of those are in my stash as well. I've seen Hitching a Ride a couple times now. I don't have it yet, but think I may need to break down and get it on one of the sales that my LNS has. The little ghost, cat, and pumpkins are just so cute, and I love the colors.

You've certainly been busy with your Christmas decorations, they look great. I have my Thanksgiving ones out, but haven't started on the Christmas ones at all yet. However, our weather is supposed to be nice for the next couple days, so while have some time off for the Thanksgiving holiday I think I may try to get a bit of the outdoor work done.

Glad to hear your mom is doing better. Hopefully she'll continue building up her strength and be able to do more without help soon. It must be so frustrating for her to still need assistance for things like getting in and out of the wheelchair. However, recovery does take time, so I'll send well wishes and thoughts for patience her way too in addition to the healing ones.
Sue

Pumpkin said...

My goodness woman, your posts just crack me up! LOL! Are you sure you're not taking Ritalin? ;o)

I'm just drooling over your stash. WHY did I agree to go on a stash diet? WHY? I have all four of those Little Women and want to stitch them together as well but am coming up nul with a fabric choice :oS

Oh, Monique is wonderful although I don't know her personally. I won two charts from her and she's a sweetie :o)

Hey, at least you're getting help making your bed. LOL!

Listen, I know I owe you an email and I will get back to you soon :o)

Michelle said...

I loved Inkheart (the book), and highly recommend reading it. I'm looking forward to the movie as well. Twilight (the movie) was great, I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the reviews.